
This is probably one of those stories that is much funnier if you actually witnessed it but I have to share it any ways. Just to preface, Jaco is a drama king. And I mean DRAMA! Last week when he had strep throat, it literally took over 10 minutes to get the throat swab to test for strep. 10 LOUD minutes of tears and screaming. If the child ever needs stitches or gets seriously hurt, they will have to knock him out before touching him. OK, so tonight, I am quietly reading stories with the girls after having our traditional Corned Beef & Cabbage for St Patrick's Day. All of a sudden our house was FILLED with ear splitting screams and Jaco came thundering down the stairs. He yelled something about a spider crawling on him. I went upstairs to investigate and at first I thought I had found the "spider" when I saw a piece of black yarn. Then La-La discovered a tiny little eight legged critter. Upon further investigation, I came to the conclusion that it was a TICK! I put our new friend in a cup with a lid so we could show daddy. Well, just like a spider, ticks can crawl up walls and this little guy made it to the top of the cup in record time while we were showing him off. All of the kids were gathered around and I shook the cup to get him back to the bottom. All of a sudden, once again the house was filled with screams but this time it was three times as loud and I was surprised to see all three kids huddled in the kitchen screaming. I looked in the cup and realized I had shook the tick out. As the kids saw the little creap fly, they flew as far away from me as they could. Thank goodness I found him again! Once everyone calmed down we tried to finish our bedtime story. Care Bear wanted a snack but just stood in the dining area crying. She wouldn't go in the kitchen because she knew I had put the tick on the counter! She just stood there crying about the "Tic Tac". She was truly petrified! I am sure she got herself so worked up because of all the screaming in the house. I shouldn't laugh but I can't help but chuckle when I think of how fast and loud the room cleared when I accidentally let him loose. I am worried that we could be in for a long, loud spring and summer. I have been told there are quite a few Ticks in the area and the girls especially like to go on adventures through weeds and in trees. We are in serious trouble if one ever burrows it's tiny head into a little body named Jaco, La-La, or Care Bear!!!
Here is a picture of the tiny trouble maker. The top picture is the same guy just enlarged a ton! When I look at him big, I can kind of see why Jaco screamed so loud! The critter is pretty nasty looking.
7 comments:
I hate TICs! Jaco, I completely understand! When I was little I didn't play in our grove until summer. You have a brave, brave Momma to take care of this little problem for you!
HA! I'm glad to hear that your kids are dramatic too! My baby boy just looked at the picture of your birthday sister and called it "ma ma"! Oh how I wish, she is a hot tamale!
I got a little creeps thinking of one being dug out of the back of my neck! They are so disgusting! But your story makes me laugh. We have ticks bad out here, but they are very tiny, so they are really hard to detect, I won't miss being worried my kids have them after we've been outside.
That just means you'll have to check for "tits" every night! (as Sharla Grover put it!) Ahhhh, the memories. I thought it was hilarious yet disgusting at the same time -glad it's you not me!!! I don't deal with the thought of tics very well.
I hate tics as well, but that story is pretty funny. Braylee would be doing the same thing as she was outside yesterday and they spotted a bee. She flew into the house so fast! Kids are funny!
The things we moms do...you are so brave.
It's giveaway time on my blog!!
Yeah, good luck! Funny story, so does he scream like a girl? Hopefully he won't get one where Dad got one....
Post a Comment